Thermostats have long been relied upon to control the temperature in homes, buildings and other areas where they’re needed. When the heating and cooling industry introduced the programmable thermostat it was thought to be a life changing invention. But thanks to new technological advancements in the field, the all-mighty thermostat has evolved to even greater heights. The WiFi thermostat includes features that have revolutionized the way you can control the temperature inside your home, thus saving you money and energy over time. Learn what these amazing additions to your HVAC system can do to improve your living space today.
Benefits of a WiFi Thermostat
The following are just a few of the perks that come with using a WiFi thermostat:
- You have the ability to remotely change the temperature from a computer or phone. Whether it’s because you want to remain nice and snug in your bed while your home warms up in the morning, or there’s a sudden change in the weather and you need to adjust the temperature while you’re gone, nothing beats this convenient feature.
- You can monitor the temperature in your home when you’re not there. This can indicate if there’s a problem with your HVAC system, or when another person alters the temperature you’ve set it to, for example.
- If you forget to turn off your system before leaving your house, you can do so remotely.
- When you have an unexpected change in the time you will arrive home, you can command the thermostat to wait to turn on until a later time.
- Most WiFi thermostats are far more user friendly than their traditional programmable counterparts.
- Some models are capable of learning your preferences and can tell when there’s no one occupying your home.
- Since they are connected to the Internet, they can get information about your local weather automatically adjust accordingly.
If you want more trusty information on WiFi thermostats, or similar home comfort topics, please feel free to contact us at Overland Park Heating and Cooling. It’s been our honor to take care of the HVAC needs of those in the Kansas area since 1983.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Overland Park, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock