Kansas City’s “ever” changing weather means you rely on the stability of your heating and cooling system to keep you comfortable all year long. The U.S. Department of Energy recommends homeowners check their heating system each fall and cooling system each spring. A little preventive maintenance, including a pre-season check-up, goes a long way: It will not only help you maintain your equipment, but also prevent unexpected costs.
Overland Park Heating & Cooling Inc., is your answer for comfort, reliability and peace of mind for all your heating and cooling maintenance needs. With nearly 30 years serving the greater Kansas City region, our company excells at meeting all your heating and cooling needs, both residential and commercial. Trouble-free performance of your heating and cooling equipment is possible when a routine maintenance plan is followed. Here are a few of the important preventive maintenance services we provide:
- Inspect and set your thermostat settings: We ensure your system is set to maintain comfort while you are home — and to save energy while you are gone.
- Check electrical connections: We check for electrical faults or high amperage problems on motors and compressors can be a safety hazard and shorten the life of your equipment.
- Lubricate moving motor parts: Friction in the indoor blower motor and condensor fan motor will cause an increase in energy use and system wear.
- Inspect condensate drain: Your air conditioner, heater or heat pump can all suffer from plugged drains, which can cause water damage and adverse humidity conditions.
- Assess system controls: We thoroughly check the starting components of your cooling system for proper operation.
- Clean condenser and check evaporator condition. A annual cleaning of the coils assure top performance and efficiency
- Evaluate your a/c refrigerant level: Not having the right amount of refrigerant cost you more to operate, shortens the life of the equipment and harms our fragile environment.
- Improve airflow: Preventive maintenance pays off. By cleaning the blower motor and blower wheel, the Department of Energy estimates you can improve your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
- Furnace Combustion Analysis & Tune up: We do a thorough check of all brands of gas furnaces. Each performance check includes a thorough combustion analysis, safety check of gas pressure, heat exchanger and flue system as well as a clean and check of entire system.
At Overland Park Heating & Cooling Inc., we aim to please. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.