Energy Star is a government program aimed to help consumers make better decisions when buying new appliances and home heating and cooling systems. By paying attention to these special labels on products, you can have the information you need to save both energy and money.
Here are some reasons why you should let the Energy Star label guide you in choosing your HVAC system:
- Reliable information: Standards set by the program are now internationally recognized. You can be sure that the information you get about products tested under the program is reliable and aimed at helping the consumer, not the company.
- Significant savings: Models labeled under this program save energy and money. The furnaces can cut heating costs by 40 percent, while air conditioners can save up to 50 percent. Since more than half of a home’s electricity bill comes from heating and air conditioning systems, this adds up to significant savings for your family.
- Energy credit savings: Installing a new Energy Star heating or cooling unit can qualify you for government energy credits of up to $500.
- Have a better home environment: These products are designed with the latest technology in reducing humidity and controlling the indoor environment throughout the house efficiently. If you install one of these products, you will not only save money, but also have a much more comfortable home.
- Contribute to a better world environment: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that if just one out of every 10 households switched to an Energy Star-labeled HVAC system, we would reduce pollutants by more than 17 billion tons.
In order for you to get the best possible home climate control, your unit must be properly sized and installed by a knowledgeable dealer. To help you understand the information provided by this program, please contact the professionals at Overland Park Heating & Cooling. We will be happy to help you make the right choice.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about Energy Star and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Overland Park Heating & Cooling services Overland Park and surrounding areas in Kansas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!