Did you know that your storage water heater is the second highest energy user in the home? A typical Kansas City household uses hot water only at certain times of the day. The rest of the time, it is kept hot for the next occasion it is needed. Basically, energy is being used up all day to provide occasional heated water. That doesn’t happen with tankless water heaters.
Tankless water heaters are serious energy savers. They only heat water as it is needed. In addition to saving energy, tankless water heaters do even more. Here are a few of the benefits of replacing your old storage tank heater with a tankless:
- Endless Supply – As long as you need hot water, it will be there. Your normal storage water heater has a limited supply. When it has used up its 40 or 50 gallon capacity, you have to wait for it to reheat — or take a cold shower.
- No Standby Loss – With a tanked water heater, it still keeps water hot on long weekends and during vacations. Tankless water heaters only heat water when the faucet is turned on.
- Clean Water – Tanked water heaters can develop rust, mineral scale and residue inside the tank over time. With an on-demand water heater, the water stream is cleaner since it comes directly from the source.
- Smaller Space – Tankless heaters mount on a wall. They are far smaller than the storage tank heaters and take up very little space in your home.
- Energy Savings – Homes that use 41 gallons or less of hot water per day can realize an energy savings of 24 to 34 percent.
If your tanked water heater is ready to go, or if you would just like to save money on hot water usage, contact our team at Overland Park Heating and Cooling. We can give you details on either gas or electric models. We’re always ready to answer questions that help lower your energy bills.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.