Whether you’re in need of HVAC repair or are simply shopping for new heating and cooling equipment, you want to make sure that the technicians you deal with are some of the best that Kansas City has to offer. Associating yourself with a reputable HVAC contractor is important. That’s why we’ve compiled a few tips to help you find the best contractor for the job.
- Research – Before approaching contractors in your area, it’s important to know Kansas licensing and insurance requirements. This can help you narrow down your list of hopefuls.
- Referrals – If you know friends and family who have dealt with and been satisfied by local contractors, they may be able to give you a referral. Local trade organizations can also provide information on potential candidates.
- References – When considering contractors, ask for customer references and follow up on leads. This can help you develop a better understanding of how a contractor operates.
- Ask about special offers and Energy Star-qualified equipment – Depending on the equipment you choose, you may be eligible for rebates and incentives at the federal, state and local level. While not all Energy Star-qualified equipment is eligible for such credits, the Energy Star label signifies that equipment has exceeded the efficiency expectations of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Get it in writing – HVAC quotes can help you compare the prices and services of potential contractors. Once you’ve chosen a contractor, be sure to sign off on the deal before work gets underway. That way you have a record of all equipment, warranties, costs, scheduling, etc.
Choosing an HVAC contractor doesn’t have to be a daunting task. If you have questions about your heating and cooling equipment, our trained technicians have the answers. For expert consultation, contact Overland Park Heating & Cooling today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Overland Park Heating & Cooling services Overland Park and surrounding areas in Kansas. To get started, check out our website or see our current specials.