Winter is just around the corner in the Kansas City area, and it’s the perfect time to install a new furnace if you think your heating system needs an upgrade. Many homeowners wait until their current unit is beyond repair to replace it but this can be a risky choice. Imagine your furnace stops working on the coldest day of the year. Are you prepared to wait for installation in a freezing home?If you’re in the market for a new heating system, there are certain furnace replacement questions you should ask before purchase and installation. Answers to these questions can help ensure a successful upgrade and years of home comfort.
- What are the performance specifications of this furnace model? What is its efficiency level (AFUE)? Do I need a more expensive high-efficiency furnace?
- Does my purchase include a warranty? What does the warranty cover?
- How do I change the filter and what size filter does the furnace require?
- Does the furnace include a new thermostat? Can I opt for a programmable thermostat?
- Is this furnace Energy Star certified? What are the potential energy savings?
- Will my existing chimney and ductwork be suitable for the new furnace?
- Do any other portions of my home’s HVAC system need upgraded to support the new furnace?
- Does my purchase include a routine maintenance package? How often should I have the furnace inspected and maintained?
- Can you supply references to previous customers?
If you have any furnace replacement questions, in the Kansas City area, please contact the professionals with Overland Park Heating & Cooling. We have been committed to the local community for over 30 years and are ready to tackle all of your HVAC needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Overland Park, Kansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock