Many homes in the United States are heated by boilers. If you are looking to purchase a boiler, there are many things to consider in terms of purchasing and maintaining the boiler.
There are some features that are vital when looking for a boiler; other features also may be nice options to have, depending on your needs here in Kansas City. The following are some guidelines to get you started.
- With the help of a Comfort Specialist, consider what size boiler would be appropriate to meet your needs, such as how much steam or hot water you will require.
- Think about what duties you need your boiler to perform: space heating, humidification, process steam, or something else?
- With our help, decide what system is best suited for you: low or high-pressure steam, hot water, or high-temperature hot water?
- Another important consideration is the type of fuel you have available to you. Are you using natural gas, propane, wood, coal, fuel oil or a combination of two or more?
Once you choose a boiler, it’s important to maintain it properly in order to get the most out of it. Here are some tips for keeping it in shape. Maintenance should be performed by a trained professional.
- With the help of a professional boiler technician, monitor your vent connection pipe and chimney. Parts of the venting system may have become dilapidated over long periods of time. Also, if your chimney is in poor condition, it may be expensive to repair. Therefore, it may be worth it to install new heating equipment that doesn’t require a chimney for its operation
- Have a boiler technician check the heat exchanger for leaks. This can be extremely important in safeguarding your home.
- Adjust settings to provide the ideal water and air temperature to ensure efficiency.
- You may also want the technician to perform a combustion-efficiency test.
Overland Park Heating & Cooling has been serving the Kansas area for years. We encourage you to contact us for expert advice regarding heating, air conditioning or ventilation.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about boilers and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Overland Park Heating & Cooling services Overland Park and surrounding areas in Kansas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!